- RSS Channel Showcase 4518829
- RSS Channel Showcase 1822172
- RSS Channel Showcase 8528921
- RSS Channel Showcase 5662357
Articles on this Page
- 05/20/17--06:00: _CM Quote of the Day...
- 05/24/17--19:01: _Wednesdays with Wor...
- 06/12/17--18:45: _The Simple Woman’s ...
- 06/16/17--17:18: _CM Quote of the Day...
- 06/26/17--19:28: _The Simple Woman’s ...
- 06/30/17--16:08: _CM Quote of the Day...
- 07/01/17--16:45: _CM Quote of the Day...
- 07/05/17--18:01: _CM Quote of the Day...
- 07/13/17--14:32: _CM Quote(s) of the ...
- 07/20/17--13:35: _Scholé in Our Home:...
- 05/20/17--06:00: CM Quote of the Day: Intelligent Co-operation
- 05/24/17--19:01: Wednesdays with Words: Seeming Virtue
- 06/12/17--18:45: The Simple Woman’s Daybook for June 12, 2017
- 06/16/17--17:18: CM Quote of the Day: Fit and Inspiring Ideas
- 06/26/17--19:28: The Simple Woman’s Daybook for June 26, 2017
- 06/30/17--16:08: CM Quote of the Day: Believe in Mind
- 07/01/17--16:45: CM Quote of the Day: The Still Progress of Growth
- 07/05/17--18:01: CM Quote of the Day: The Chief Thing in Life
- 07/13/17--14:32: CM Quote(s) of the Day: On Humility and Books
- 07/20/17--13:35: Scholé in Our Home: Phonics, Exams, and Butterflies
From Chapter IX of Parents and Children: Here, indeed, more than anywhere, ‘Except the Lord build the house, they labour but in vain that build it’; but surely intelligent co-operation in this divine work is our bounden duty and service. The training of the will, the instruction of the conscience, and, so far as it […]
Miss A and I are reading Fierce Convictions: The Extraordinary Life of Hannah More – Poet, Reformer, Abolitionist by Karen Swallow Prior this term. I found this quote convicting, as it only seems to have gotten easier to hide your faults and just put your best foot forward since More’s time! Also read/listened to recently: […]
For Today Looking out my window…it was hot, humid, and sunny today – must be just about summer! I am thinking…about all the things I need/want to plan and do this summer. I started a summer brain dump in my new journal! I am thankful…our credit union caught the attempted fraud on my credit card. Getting […]
From Parents and Children, Chapter XII:
For Today Looking out my window…it’s a bit chilly for June. I am thinking…it always takes longer than I think to write a post. 😛 I am thankful…for four years with this little fellow. 🙂 One of my favorite things…long summer evenings. One night last week I let the little guys stay up a bit to […]
From A Philosophy of Education, Book II, Chapter II: The message for our age is, Believe in mind, and let education go straight as a bolt to the mind of the pupil. The use of books is a necessary corollary, because no one is arrogant enough to believe he can teach every subject in a […]
From A Philosophy of Education, Book II, Chapter III:
One more quote from A Philosophy of Education, which I finished yesterday:
I finished Charlotte Mason’s Parents and Children today. I did get a bit bogged down in this one, and there were definitely some parts where she and I don’t see eye-to-eye, but it was worth pushing through and gleaning gems like this very convicting passage: Humility does not think much or little of itself; it does […]
Next week is our final week of the 2016-2017 school year, and then we’ll have a five-week break before starting fresh in September. Over those weeks, I hope to post our plans for 1st, 5th, 7th, and 10th grade, as well as Morning Time for the fall term. Today, I thought I would share a […]
The post Scholé in Our Home: Phonics, Exams, and Butterflies appeared first on Little Drops of Water.